COVID-19 Policies at our hospital
Keeping pets and their families healthy amidst
Good news! The province has lifted our restrictions and we can now offer all services to your pets once again. This includes, annual vaccinations, wellness blood work, nail trims, spays, neuters, dentals etc. This does not mean, however, that we will be back to business as usual. Social distancing measures will still be in effect to protect the health and safety of both our team and clients.
We want to assure you that we are taking the current concerns with the COVID-19 virus seriously and are continuing to implement the necessary precautions to do our part in preventing its spread. It is important that we continue to offer the care your pet’s need, while providing you and our team with a safe environment.
As always, we rigorously follow infection prevention, control and practice best hygiene within our hospital.
In accordance with the recommendations from the College of Veterinarians of Ontario and Public Health Ontario we have implemented the following short-term changes to our policies.
1. Clients are not allowed in the hospital at this time, except to accompany their pet for euthanasia. Please call the clinic upon your arrival. We will be starting each appointment with phone call conversations between our RVTs/DVMs and pet families outside. We will then send a staff member out to bring your pet into the hospital.
2. We are also offering telemedicine appointments for those who would prefer to manage their pets from home.
3. Patients will be seen on an appointment only basis.
4. We will be making an effort to spread out our appointments as much as possible to minimize traffic in the parking lot.
5. All food and medication will be dispensed and picked up curb side. We ask that you prepay for your items ahead of coming to the clinic to pick them up. Once you get here, we ask that you park in front of the clinic and call us to let us know you are here. We will then bring your item out to the bench in front of our clinic for you to pick up.
6. Cashless payments via credit card and e transfers.
7. Our mobile service is suspended at this time.
8. As always, we ask that all cats arrive in carriers and all dogs on leashes.
9. Please DO NOT visit us if you are experiencing ANY SYMPTOMS OF ILLNESS or have TRAVELLED OUTSIDE OF CANADA IN THE LAST 14 DAYS. We cannot serve any pets whose human family is ill or have been around those who are ill. If your pet has an urgent medical concern and you fall into either of these categories, please call us and we will work on alternate arrangements for you.
Please know that our hospital will remain fully operational, and our team is here to offer our usual in hospital services. We ask that you please be patient with us at this challenging time. We are working with a reduced staff. The need to care for young children and other vulnerable family members at home means that we do not have our full team. Running food, medications and pets out to clients for curbside service may mean fewer people available to answer your call.
You and your pets are incredibly important to us and we will make sure we can help you in any capacity we are able. We will continue to monitor the situation closely and encourage you to follow Public Health Ontario and the World Small Animal Veterinary Association for the most up to date information.
We thank you for your continued loyalty and trust in our ability to care for your pets and family. Please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns.
The friendly team at Rossland Animal Hospital.